2012年5月12日星期六

Fashion Bomber of the Day Rapture from New York

So we’ll start taking nominations for Fashion Bomber and Bombshell of the year on Friday, December 16th.
Until then, let’s keep the party going with Rapture from New York:

He says, “I’m a freelance writer and creative director and you can find my work, favorite things, and my day-to-day life on my newly launched site, www.rapturejohnson.com. “

“My style is androgynous and experimental with a big focus on honoring different cultures and ideas from different art mediums and creative types around the world and in my friend circle. My biggest inspiration is the 70′s era Studio54 and Egyptian/Tribal culture.”

I enjoy style mavens like Grace Jones, David Bowie, Prince, Freddie Mercury, and Donyale Luna that really help me to not just love style, but be brave and expressive with it, as well. I watch archive fashion show videos of Mugler, Alexander McQueen, Marc Jacobs, and Vivenne Westood to constantly inspire me and provoke me to get more bold with my style. I never want to bore myself!”

“…On my best day, I try to be less of a stylish person and more of a ‘character’ that I made up in my own vivid imagination. I love to experiment with cuts, colors, patterns, themes, and fits. My motto is “another day, another outfit”, so I never take my style too seriously, I try to have fun with it while still honoring the avant-garde creatives that I grew up appreciating.”

“If you deem what I wear ugly or beautiful, I want to be able to defend it by saying it’s ‘art’ and I can only be true to that by being true to myself and my taste. For me, my style is just another extension of my imagination and an outlet to express who I am as a creative director, writer, and young man. I don’t consider myself a stereo-typical ‘fabulous’ gay man and my style is definitely not masculine, it’s just my bridge to express everything I love when it comes to clothes! I would be beyond honored to be thrown to the wolves in the form of one of your fashion bombs of the day. Loved or hated, I’d be excited to simply be apart of a great platform for style-conscious people of color.”


In addition to loving most of your looks, I love how you describe your style. I have a feeling most people don’t ‘get’ you, but I can see the art and inspiration in your outfits. Fierce!
What do you think?

Fashion Bomber of the Day is a feature showcasing the singular style of male Fashion Bomb Readers. Send your name, location, a description of your style, and 2-6 picture(s) to thefashionbomb@gmail.com. Images submitted may be featured on Facebook or Twitter. Comments can be harsh, so bring your A game!