2012年5月13日星期日

According to Bare Minerals, July Is Prime Time for

Advertisement



Are you a bareMinerals fan who fiendishly craves metallic finishes and vivid colors? If you are, July just got a little more exciting. That’s when the brand plans to expand their Prime Time Eyelid Primer line by adding six new shades ($18 each).

The new colors, which, like the brand’s three existing primers, can be worn alone or as bases for cream or powder eyeshadows, promise to increase the wear time of powder and cream products layered on top. They’re designed to postpone creases and fading and should be particularly great for gals with oily skin. The brand’s existing primers include their Prime Time Eyelid Primer (similar to Too Faced Shadow Insurance); a version with a sheer Sennheiser, golden sheen called Prime Time Brightening Eyelid Primer; and an even lighter version, Prime Time Brightening Eyelid Primer in Brightening Pearl, which has an iridescent, pearly sheen.

I gave the original Prime Time Eyelid Primer a try a few months ago and remember not falling in love at the time. I had a little trouble blending shadows on top of it, and it creased on me half way through the day (unlike NARS Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base, which has been my favorite shadow primer for a while), but these new pigmented versions are convincing me to give the Prime Times another try.

I’d planned to take them for a test drive down to the neighborhood pool last weekend (they’re supposed to be waterproof), but it was chilly…meaning I chickened out. :) I’m curious to see how the pigments handle the water.

For now, here are some quick swatches. Have a look, and let me know what you think.




Swatches from the left: Sundance, Urban Nature, Gunmetal, Racing Green, Chroma Violet and Bronzed Twig

They’re bound for Bare Escentuals Boutiques, Ulta and Sephora stores, and also online (probably this page here) this July.

Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,

Karen

P.S. Speaking of eyeshadow primers, what’s your favorite one right now?

P.P.S. Sleepy sheepy over here… I’m about to zonk out. I have Clueless Tivo’d…but I might even be too tired for that. Wait — no, I’m not. :)

没有评论:

发表评论