2012年8月23日星期四

The Jouer Mini Tinted Lip Enhancer Collection and Glossy Holiday Weddings

The Jouer Mini Tinted Lip Enhancer Collection and Glossy Holiday Weddings

Advertisement




Jouer Tinted Lip Enhancer in Shiraz…and I have NO IDEA what’s going on with mah hair!

Jouer’s new Mini Tinted Lip Enhancer Collection ($25) is technically a holiday release, but doesn’t it look more bridal from here?


Jouer Mini Tinted Lip Enhancer Collection

Perhaps Jouer had a Christmas wedding in mind (FUN!)?

The company, a relatively new indie line launched back in 2008, sells a full line of makeup, a handful of brushes and bags, and a small (but lovely) collection of body products.

Their colors, packaging and non-fussy style remind me of a beauty Banana Republic, but they’re nowhere near as widespread. If you can’t find them locally, they are sold online and, while this will be out of the way for anyone outside the New York area, at the Henri Bendel store on Fifth Avenue.

The Mini Tinted Lip Enchancer set comes with three little 0.15-oz. tubes of their sheer gloss in Bellini (peach), Champagne (nude) and Shiraz (berry), as well as a very small gold pouch to store them (not shown).

The colors are completely new additions to the line, but they’re essentially tinted versions of the company’s moisturizing Lip Enhancer ($14), which hydrates kissers with vitamin E, shea butter and jojoba oil.

The glosses feel thin, slick and non-sticky on my lips, and have a short-lived, faint brown sugar scent (which I like; reminds me of Josie Maran glosses).

But speaking of short-lived, these don’t have the greatest wear time. In fact, I’d say it’s only about an hour, and, beyond that, I actually find them unexpectedly drying. After a few hours of applying and reapplying them, I swear my lips feel drier and tighter than before.


Swatches from left: Bellini (a sheer peach), Champagne (a sheer nude) and Shiraz (a sheer berry)


Bellini


Champagne


Shiraz

For me, these are a case of form over function. I love the style, but I do wish they lasted longer, felt more hydrating on my lips and came in larger tubes for the price.

If you’re interested, the set’s not available for sale yet on the Jouer website, but it should be coming soon.

PRICE: $25
AVAILABILITY: Limited in stores. Coming soon online.
MAKEUP AND BEAUTY BLOG RATING: B-

Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,

Karen

Related articles:

没有评论:

发表评论